The 8 Parelli Principles:
1) Horsemanship is Natural.
2) Teach and make no assumptions.
3) Communication is 2 or more individuals sharing and understanding an idea.
4) Horses and Humans have mutual responsibilities.
5) The Attitude of Justice is Effective.
6) Body Language is universal.
7) Horses teach humans, humans teach horses.
8) Principles, purpose and time are the tools of teaching.
The 7 Keys to Success:
Exaggerate to teach, refine as you go along.
Your horse can only be as brave as you are.
Never say never, don’t always say always, usually say usually.
The 4 Responsibilities of the Horse:
1) Learn to act like a partner, not a prey animal.
2) Don’t change gaits.
3) Don’t change directions.
4) Watch where he is going.
The 4 Responsibilities of the Human:
1) Learn to act like a partner, not a predator.
2) Develop an independent seat (and feet).
3) Think like a horse.
4) Use the natural power of focus.
*Trust that your horse will respond!*
10 Qualities of a Horseman:
1) Heart and Desire
9) Savvy (Knowledge)